WoW Shaman Guide
In World of Warcraft, Shamans are spiritual guides and practitioners who act as the
moderators of the four elements, earth, fire, water, and air, to bring the chaos existing between these elements to
a balance. They have totems that enable them to focus the elements to be able to support their allies or fight
those who threaten them.
Shamans are unique because they have very interesting
- They are very versatile and can heal, like the Druids, and can do ranged
and even Melee DPS.
- They can wear any other type of armor class except plates and provide
various totems that hinder the enemies which is only unique to them.
- They have a Ghost Wolf form to enable them travel faster.
- They can give themselves buffs to their various weapons.
- They can use reincarnation from time to time to resurrect themselves
even in combat.
To maximize the Shaman's potential, you first need to customize them
according to your liking to enable you enjoy as well as gain more professional experiences. You first need to
choose a suitable race.
Few races can be made into Shamans. Each of these races has its own
benefits so the choice depends on the benefits you want to achieve.
For instance, when playing Alliance, the Draenei, Burning Crusade) can be
chosen to be Shaman. When playing Horde, you can choose: Orcs, Trolls or Taurens.
Releasing Cataclysm Blizzard allows the Goblin and the Dwarf to be Shamans also.
You also need to choose a suitable profession. Since each profession
carries various bonuses with it, it is important to choose one that can be very beneficial to you. These
professions include: Alchemy, Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking and Inscription.
Some of the equipment Shamans can use to accomplish their tasks include:
daggers, maces, two-handed axes, fist weapons, axes, staves and shields. In order to manage your Shaman well, you
also need to take into account the following tips:
1. Understand what your Totems can do. Although most totems have general
application, some of them such as tremor totem are only applicable in specific cases. Therefore it is important to
know situations where the totem you intend to use can be necessary. Setting up a hockey bar with totems that are
used less can help you achieve this.
2. Learn how to become a healer. This ensures you will never be at loss
3.Learn how to manage Mana. When a Shaman is out of Mana, heal over time
spells cannot keep anyone alive. It is therefore important to manage Mana well by not casting healing spells
4. Learn to work with the other Shamans. This ensures more overall damage
5. Choose to play with the right stats. This depends on what stat you will be
You can choose: Elemental Shamans who focus on typical melee stats and
interested in Crit, Spell Power and Hit, Intellect and Haste;
Restoration Shaman who look for stats that enhance their healing abilities
like Spell Power, Crit, Intellect and Haste and Enhancement Shamans who look for stats like: Haste, Agility, Hit,
Armor Penetration, Expertise and Strength.
6. Choose a race and profession you like, to help you enjoy and manage the